The Vixen style dovetail plate 140mm PLUS is part of our PLUS system (Prima Luce Universal System) that includes a large variety of other plates, support rings, guide rings and dovetail clamps to offer you the maximum freedom to build your mechanical support system, depending on the application you want to accomplish. Indeed, all the PLUS elements have threaded holes, holes and slots suitable for connecting elements, always with maximum rigidity and comfort. For this application, we designed many elements, including the Vixen style dovetail plate 140mm PLUS. Each component of the PLUS system is made of aluminum blocks that are high precision CNC machined. The aluminum is then sandblasted to achieve a very smooth surface finish and is anodized (hard anodizing) to increase the hardness of the material and protect it from oxidation.
Thanks to the particular design, the Vixen style dovetail plate 140mm PLUS can be:
- positioned below the support rings to install the telescope on mounts with Vixen type plate
- installed below a camera to connect it to a mount with Vixen dovetail clamp
- installed below a telescope or a camera to connect it to a photographic head with Arca Swiss dovetail clamp
- installed above the support rings to increase the mechanical rigidity of the entire telescope (and allow you to attach other accessories such as guide rings to precisely adjust the position of the guide telescope).
- used as a basis to create a side-by-side plate (which allows you to install two telescopes in parallel on a mount with a single Vixen plate) together with 2 dovetail clamps PLUS.
In the image above to the left, Vixen 140mm PLUS dovetail bar installed under the telescope allow the installation on a mount with Vixen type dovetail clamp. To the right, the same bar allows the installation of the same telescope on a photographic heat with Arca Swiss type clamp.
In the picture above, the Vixen style dovetail plate 140mm PLUS is installed below 105mm PLUS support rings. Above the support rings the EAGLE CORE is installed with 80mm PLUS guide rings. If you have other brands mechanical accessories, you can still use all the elements of the PLUS system. Indeed we have provided a series of central slots that allow, for example, to fix on this plate support or guide rings through a screw.