SPIDER 500A MarkII professional radio telescope
SPIDER 500A MarkII is the 5 meter diameter radio telescope designed to make 1420 MHz professional level radio astronomy accessible to everyone: universities, science institutes and museums or space agencies. It offers a large 5 meter diameter antenna to detect weaker signals with a better resolution and the large GS-400II tracking system that provides very high pointing and tracking precision. SPIDER 500A MarkII is designed to be shipped and installed all over the world!
Thanks to the new generation electronics and improved mechanics, SPIDER 500A MarkII is more sensitive, faster and more precise, thus allowing anyone to do real radio astronomy without the need to be a radio astronomer!
SPIDER 500A MarkII 5.0 meter diameter professional radio telescope - main features:
- SPIDER 500A MarkII 5.0 meter radio telescope: professional level radio astronomy, we can ship and install all over the World!
- WEB500-5 5 meter diameter prime focus antenna with special designed front and rear supports: it comes with 1420 MHz optimised feed and 2 LNAs for LHCP and RHCP circular polarisation.
- GS-400II weatherproof alt-az antenna tracking system with N-ACU Next generation Antenna Control Unit: connected to Control Room with a standard network cable up to 100 meters long, thanks to the optional MoF (Mount-over-Fiber) kit, you can position the antenna even further by replacing the network cable with a dedicated optical fiber that can be up to 2km long.
- C400-HEAVY high load capacity pier for concrete base: designed to keep the radio telescope permanently installed in the field.
- High antenna slewing speed, now up to 2°/sec for each axis, that improves data acquisition time during radio telescope use and integrated safety system with emergency stop button (optional light and audio signals).
- Industrial-Grade temperature working range: SPIDER 500A MarkII antenna and tracking system is able to work in environments with temperatures from -25°C to +55°C
- H142-One 1420 MHz radio astronomy receiver, 50 MHz instantaneous bandwidth radiometer and 1024 channels spectrometer to be installed in the control room on a standard 19″ rack or on a table.
- RadioUniversePRO control and acquisition software for Windows 10/11, designed to control all devices of SPIDER radio telescope and to collect radio astronomy data.
SPIDER 500A MarkII advanced radio telescope includes everything you need to make radio astronomy at 1420 MHz frequency. In this video you can see the various elements that make up the radio telescope: antenna, tracking system and pier which are installed outside; receiver and software that are installed in the control room.